Can a provider be paid for a telehealth encounter?
- Kentucky was the first state to have a legislative mandate for Medicaid and commercial health insurance reimbursement
- Contact Rob for details regarding Medicare, Medicaid and commercial health insurance reimbursement
- Must use interactive videoconference technology
- Must be licensed in the state where the patient is located
- Must be privileged and credentialed in the facility where the patient is located
- If billing Kentucky Medicaid:
- Must be a member of the Kentucky TeleHealth Network (KTHN) – contact Donna Veno (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or contact Rob Sprang. Membership requests are considered at the quarterly KTHN Board of Director’s meetings.
- Must utilize H.323 compliant videoconference technology
I am interested in using telehealth technology. Who do I need to contact?
Rob Sprang | Director
Ross Kinney | AV Engineer
I have been seen using telehealth technology and I have a question about patient information or my next appointment. Who do I need to contact?
How do I connect to UK’s telemedicine network?
- UK offers H.323 video conferencing capablities or Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Kentucky has a statewide 7 digit dialing plan that interconnects over 1,000 videoconference systems across the Commonwealth, including healthcare, higher education, K-12, state government and many other videoconference stakeholders.
How do I connect to a Kentucky TeleCare program using a video teleconferencing device (Polycom, Avizia, etc.)?
- Go to www.kytelehealth.net
- Select the day of month on the calendar and scroll down the list of programs to the time of day to find your program.
- Look at the Conf ID column.
- If you are on the statewide 7 digit dialing plan, simply dial the 7 digit number and you will be connected.
- If you are not on the 7 digit dialing plan and if the 7 digit number 102XXXX then dial XXXX@184.108.40.206
- If you are not on the 7 digit dialing plan and if the 7 digit number is 103XXXX then dial XXXX@220.127.116.11
- You will be connected to the conference.
I want to test my device to see if I can connect to a Kentucky TeleCare program?
- If you are on the 7 digit dial plan, dial 1021028. If you hear, "You are the first participant to join the conference" your device worked properly.
- If you are not on the seven digit dial plan, Dial email@example.com
I want to connect remotely with a tablet or smartphone. What will I need?
- You will need to download and install the Polycom RealPresence app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- You will need to download the "Polycom RealPresence App Guide" from the "Downloads" tab at the top of our webpage.
I need assitance with my technology who do I need to contact?
I want to schedule a test who do I need to contact?
Please schedule 24 hours in advance if possible.
I need to add a program to the schedule who do I need to contact?
Ross Kinney VIA EMAIL ONLY, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need to know:
- Program Name
- Contact information